As we end April, we also end the Legislative Session. Many bills were passed, mostly that affect our wallets and our freedoms. I will be frank with you, your calls and emails and testimonies had an impact, but not enough. We were able to defeat a few bad bills, but those that made it to the House were constantly passed by a vote of roughly 54-43. If we can flip just 7 seats in the Legislature, we can bring our government back under control. Please take some time to call, email, or write a thank you to our Representatives Gina Mosbrucker and Chris Corry, and Senator Curtis King for their efforts.
What can you do? Join us in our efforts to have an “Elephant in every room.” A big THANK YOU to our State Committeeman, Matthew Langdon, who has re-vamped the website. Our membership application is LIVE and can accept payments online. Check it out: https://www.klickitatcountygop.org JOIN TODAY!
Mark your calendar! Our next monthly meeting is Tuesday, May 11, 6:00-8:00 pm. Location: 111 Hwy 197, Dallesport. Our guest speaker will be Wadi Yarkhour, a candidate for Congressional District 03 (CD03), running to replace Rep. Jaime Herrera-Beutler. Last month our guest speaker was Joe Kent, also running for CD03. He was a great speaker, and we had thoughtful questions from the attendees. This is your future leadership in DC; we invite you to be part of the process.
Once a month, we like to publish an excerpt from the Klickitat County Republicans Platform, our values and guiding principles. This month we are featuring:
We believe a strong family is the core for building a strong nation.
- Parental rights to participate in educational, medical and legal decisions for their minor children.
- The traditional definition of marriage as between one man and one woman while recognizing the need for legal partnerships and other civil unions.
- All babies born alive receiving life-saving medical care.
- The sanctity of human life at all stages of development.
- The defunding of Planned Parenthood, and we support organizations such as Pregnanacy Resource Centers which provide counseling and alternatives to abortion.
- Opposing all instances of public funding of elective abortions, and we support any mandates on private institutions to provice abortions.
- Enforcement of rape propsecution.
- Science based gender identity solely determined by conventional XY chromosome combination.
Get to Know Your PCO’s
I, Fran Songer, (photo, left) serve as a PCO in the Republican Party and also an event planner. I’m in the Women Supporting the Badge, and Goldendale Grange, and I help raise funds for Sheriff K9 dog, Profi. I have lived in Goldendale for over 35 years and love the town and people. I am married to Bob Songer and have learned a lot from him about the law and Constitution, which we believe in with all our heart. God, Family and Freedom are the most important in my life. I love traveling with Bob to conventions and speaking engagements. We meet great and interesting patriots. I enjoy my grandchildren and great granddaughters and see them as much as I can. I am very proud to be a part of the Republican Party.
My name is Sharon Aleckson (photo, right). I live in the community of High Prairie, and I am the PCO for the East Lyle Precinct. As a member of the KCRP, I have had the opportunity to serve in many leadership positions : the head of several committees, an elected officer of the organization (vice president),and the State Committee Woman for Klickitat County.
I enjoy spending time with my family, my faith community, and my friends. Some of my hobbies include: container gardening, fishing, and sitting in a warm,sunny spot on my front porch having coffee and conversation.
Final word: Kids and Politics. GREAT RESOURCES for the young Americans in your family tree. CAUTION: you may spend HOURS at these sites!
Teens and Young Adults: